Friday, April 20, 2007

Etiquettes

Hi,
Lets come back to our most civilized MI (oh, Patient if you are new). Since long I am dealing with MIs in DGH and appreciating their excellent sophisticated mannerism. One of their good manners is hand shake. Yes they are very civilized in this etiquette also (I added ‘also’ here because they are civilized in everything like in asking questions, complaining about sick leave, ordering favor etc.). When they enter the room, they shake hand and ask how you are.
Assume a situation, he asked for sick leave and I refused. Then he abused me and went to some higher authority to complain. Now when he returns he would do the same, I mean hand shake and asking about my well being. Now you can imagine how I feel at that time.
Sometimes after a warm hand shake with an MI, my colleague, coming from some other OPD, tells that this patient was in the skin OPD two minutes back and was diagnosed as having scabies (oh God???).
So be patient and always keep some disinfectant with you. You may need both in case an MI wants to shake hand with you.

No comments: